Due to continued growth in demand, accelerated by COVID-19, Cambridge City Foodbank is recruiting a full-time Operations Assistant. This is a new post to strengthen and sustain our operations and ensure we are always able to operate effectively. You would report to our Operations Manager and work principally at our head office in north Cambridge but will also need to work at other locations around Cambridge on a regular basis.
You would assist in the collection and distribution of over 100 tons of food, supporting over 8,000 local residents. Alongside our large team of volunteers, you will assist the work in our three warehouses and drive our vans to distribute food and supplies to the needed locations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
In the role of Operation Assistant, you will assist and sometimes deputise for the Operations Manager to ensure that we are able to provide a high quality and reliable level of service to our visitors. This will include:
Working in the warehouse:
- Opening the warehouse for our volunteer teams and drivers.
- Assist warehouse teams in packing and sorting food and boxes.
- Assist in the transfer of food between warehouses as required to balance stock.
Working at Food Centres and Fairbite:
- Regularly work in our Arbury Fairbite shop, arranging stock and serving customers.
- Occasionally, help teams at our food distribution sites to provide food parcels to visitors
The successful candidate will be a reliable person having:
- Good physical capability and the ability to lift and handle crates up to 20kg
- A clean UK driving license and the ability to drive a van.
- The ability to supervise and train volunteers when required
- Good IT skills and familiarity with working in a paperless IT environment.
Cambridge City Foodbank has a Christian foundation and you must be comfortable with the values and principles of the charity.
Salary: £21,500 per annum.
Please send your CV together with a cover letter (maximum 2 pages), to explain why you are well suited to this role at Cambridge City Foodbank:
By email (pdf preferred): [email protected]
By post: Cambridge City Foodbank, 2 Orwell House, Cowley Rd. Cambridge, CB4 0PP
Closing Date: August 16th
Please note due to the volume of responses only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.