NEWSFLASH – we have reached our goal of 500 hampers and are not accepting any more offers. Thanks for your interest – we will run again nest year.
Although Cambridge is considered a prosperous area, the reality is that there are many families who struggle financially and Christmas is a very difficult time. Saying Happy Christmas is easy but, together, we can do something to make it real for these families.
By putting together a Christmas Hamper and dropping it off at our warehouse you can contribute to one family in Cambridge having a happier Christmas. We will distribute the hampers to families and individuals in need.
Please obtain one strong carrier bag and fill it with the following items:
- Chocolate Christmas log or Christmas cake
- Children’s Christmas chocolate e.g. selection box
- After dinner/adult chocolate (no alcohol filled ones please)
- Fancy sweet biscuits
- Pringles or similar
- Cheesy/savoury biscuits or similar
- Nuts (not with shells)
- Dried fruit (e.g. apricots, figs etc)
- Tinned ham
- Tinned tuna/salmon
- Sweet pickles/chutney
- Shower gel, hand soap or shampoo
Please ensure that
- all items fit in one bag (the extra strong supermarket bags are ideal)
- there are no perishables in the bag and that all items have a use by date of 25th December or later
- there are no home-made items
The times available for dropping off your hamper are
Sunday 5h December 14.00-19.00
Tuesday 7th December 14.30-19.30
The warehouse is located at Unit 2 Orwell House, Cambridge, CB4 0PP.
We ask that all people who wish to donate a hamper register. This helps us to understand how many hampers we can supply to families in need and also to plan for the distribution of the hampers.